Close Menu
Web StatWeb Stat
  • Home
  • News
  • United Kingdom
  • Misinformation
  • Disinformation
  • AI Fake News
  • False News
  • Guides
Trending

WNEP – YouTube

August 29, 2025

USC shooter scare prompts misinformation concerns in SC

August 27, 2025

Verifying Russian propagandists’ claim that Ukraine has lost 1.7 million soldiers

August 27, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web StatWeb Stat
  • Home
  • News
  • United Kingdom
  • Misinformation
  • Disinformation
  • AI Fake News
  • False News
  • Guides
Subscribe
Web StatWeb Stat
Home»False News
False News

‘False and fabricated’ MoD sources on reports claiming pause in talks with US on defence purchases- The Week

News RoomBy News RoomAugust 8, 2025Updated:August 8, 20252 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Telegram Email LinkedIn Tumblr

The new Delhi, Aug 8 (PTI) Amid media reports claiming India may have paused talks related to new defence purchases with the United States, defense ministry sources on Friday rejected the suggestion as “false and fabricated.” It is clarified that the various cases of procurement are “being progressed as per the extant procedures,” sources said. AReport in an international media outlet which claimed that India might have put on hold its plans for new defence-related purchases, came amid growing tensions between New Delhi and Washington over tariff imposition by the US. Last week, US President Donald Trump had announced 25 per cent reciprocal tariffs on India that came into effect from August 7. The US president on Wednesday alsosigned an executive order slapping an additional 25 per cent levy on India for New Delhi’s purchases of Russian oil, bringing the total duties to 50 per cent, among the highest imposed by the US on any country in the world. The additional 25 per cent duty will come into effect after 21 days on August 27. Indian defence ministry sources have rejected the claims made in the report. The news reports claiming that India may have paused talks related to new defence purchases with the US, are “false and fabricated,” they said. It is clarified that the “various cases of procurement are being progressed as per the extant procedures,” the sources said.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
News Room
  • Website

Keep Reading

WNEP – YouTube

Djokovic plays on in New York after a few false notes

Quiz: Can you spot the fake news stories from August 2025?

Students question University of Arkansas over communication after false shooter reports

13WMAZ – YouTube

Google under fire as its AI rakes in millions by telling users to eat rocks and put glue on pizza

Editors Picks

USC shooter scare prompts misinformation concerns in SC

August 27, 2025

Verifying Russian propagandists’ claim that Ukraine has lost 1.7 million soldiers

August 27, 2025

Elon Musk slammed for spreading misinformation after Dundee ‘blade’ incident

August 27, 2025

Indonesia summons TikTok & Meta, ask them to act on harmful

August 27, 2025

Police Scotland issues ‘misinformation’ warning after girl, 12, charged in Dundee

August 27, 2025

Latest Articles

Police issue misinformation warning after 12-year-old girl charged with carrying weapon in Dundee

August 27, 2025

After a lifetime developing vaccines, this ASU researcher’s new challenge is disinformation

August 27, 2025

Police issue ‘misinformation’ warning after 12-year-old girl arrested in Dundee

August 27, 2025

Subscribe to News

Get the latest news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
Copyright © 2025 Web Stat. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.